New Earth is a fast growing and highly-regarded entrepreneurial business at the forefront of the waste treatment and renewable energy sectors. Combining pioneering technology with top class capabilities to design, build and operate state-of-the-art facilities, we have embarked on a roll-out programme throughout the UK. We offer the opportunity to develop an exciting career with this progressive company at the leading edge of developing a new generation of sustainable waste management and energy solutions.
We welcome responses from motivated and talented individuals. If you believe you have the skills and experience to help New Earth grow please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and Safety Advisor – Avonmouth
We have a vacancy for a Health and Safety Advisor to provide support for the MBT and ERF sites at Avonmouth.
The key aims are to assist the Health and Safety Supervisor in delivering positive health and safety management systems and cascading the detail to all site users, both external and internal.
Duties will include:
• Undertaking and reviewing risk assessments and developing safe systems of work
• Undertaking and reviewing targeted risk assessments eg isolation and lock-off, vehicle and pedestrian segregation, manual handling, confined space etc
• Undertaking health and safety monitoring eg fire safety equipment, first aid etc.
• Carrying out COSHH assessments
• Responsible for site safety tests eg emergency evacuation drills, fire drills, first aid
• Health and safety projects eg PUWER
• Undertaking gas, dust and bio aerosol monitoring and other occupational health monitoring eg noise and vibration
• Maintaining databases and undertaking investigations into near misses
The successful candidate must have experience of using and delivering health, safety and quality systems in an industrial field and be familiar with Quality and Environmental Management Systems for example ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001. A NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health is essential for this role. It would be beneficial to have either a working knowledge of waste operations, mechanical process plant or energy generation experience however practical experience in similar work environments would be considered.
Closing date – 20 September 2014
View job description
We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.